Online threats are constantly evolving so it is important that you come prepared. We are committed to providing an excellent online banking experience that is easy to use and highly secure. With just a few basic practices you can add additional layers of security to your routine that will give you peace of mind.
Understanding the risks is a critical step in protecting yourself online. Here are some threats to watch for:
- Phishing – Often initiated by a false email, phishing lures you to a fake website (one that looks like a trusted financial institution) and tricks you into providing personal information, such as account numbers and password.
- Pharming – Similar to phishing, pharming seeks to obtain personal information by directing you to a copycat website where your information is stolen, usually from a legitimate looking form.
- Malware – Short for malicious software, often included in spam emails, this can take control of your computer without your knowledge and forward to fraudsters your personal information such as ID’s, passwords, account numbers and PIN’s.
- Never share login information with others
- Avoid using unsecured wireless networks
- Utilize anti-malware, firewalls, and spyware prevention software on all of your devices
- Keep all software on your devices up to date with the latest security patches. Especially programs like Adobe Reader, Flash Player, Java, and web browsers.
- Maintain secure and unique passwords and update them often. Avoid using the same email and online passwords for your online banking authentication.
Protecting Your Business
- Educate your own internal employees on the types of fraud and how to detect and identify them.
- Avoid sending sensitive information through unsecured email.
- Implement company-wide controls that assign responsibilities and procedures.
- Audit your employee’s activities to catch potential issues early.
We utilize a large range of security features for your safety and financial protection.
- Multi-factor Authentication – Automated software that monitors accounts for unusual activity and can prompt for addition personal information when necessary.
- Password complexity requirements – Our online banking access requires the use of complex passwords and periodic password updates.
- IP Address Restrictions – Prevent unauthorized access to your business account by white-listing specific IP addresses.